In this day and age of technology, it has never been easier to find new ways to increase your income. The Federation of Small Business found that there has been an increase of 3% since 2014 of people who are starting a business. Whether you want to start a small business or if you are looking for part-time income, you have come to the right place.
We have collected 25 incredible ways that you can increase your income. If you want to improve your finances, you need to increase your income quickly. Use these ideas today!
- Make arts & crafts and sell them online: The growth of handmade products in arts and crafts has become mainstream now as people look for personal gifts to give to friends and family. You can take advantage of this by giving them arts & craft gifts. If you have a talent for making things, consider doing this and selling them online.
- Rent your car: Another excellent way to get extra cash on weekends is to rent your car through reputable car rental companies. If you need the extra money and you are willing to give up your car, you can get extra cash this way.
- Do consulting work: Consulting, also known as freelance work, is a good way to earn extra money. You might have another skill that a company is willing to pay for. Sell that skill and then get paid for it. The types of consulting jobs that are hot right now include IT consulting.
- Make websites: If you are gifted with graphics and you know how to build websites, try and build websites for local companies. Local companies can be a goldmine because they have a steady stream of customers but they can be unsure on how to market themselves.
- Sell old items on eBay: Someone else’s trash is someone else’s treasure. Nowhere else is this true than on eBay. Whether you use eBay or another auction site, it is an excellent way for you to sell old things and make some money. Look for things in your house that are unique or have an antique feel to them in order to get extra money.
- Write a book and sell it online: Amazon has made ebooks grow and become huge as more people are reading online. You could write a book and sell it on a platform like Amazon and receive royalties for every sale that you make.
- Start a small business: Another good way for you to make extra money is by starting a small business that you can operate on weekends or at night after work. Despite the risk, there is plenty of money that can be made if you do a small business. The question that exists is you need to choose the right market and create a small business that can generate money consistently.
- Go online and look for part-time work: If you don’t want to start your own business, you can always find part-time work that you can benefit from. Part-time work is ideal for people who need extra cash but don’t want to give up on their job.
- Sell fashionable clothes online: Online shopping has exploded in the UK. More people are comfortable with buying clothes online. You could start an online clothing boutique in order to make money, and you could fulfil your orders on the weekend.
- Become a YouTuber: The growth of YouTube has led to the rise of online ‘gurus’ or YouTube experts. Whether you love beauty or DIY, if you have a passion for a topic, and a camera, you could make money on the side from advertising. Go for it if you can be consistent and shoot videos regularly.
- Sell software online: Software as a service is the hottest area of technology right now. If you are an IT expert and you want to start a business, you could easily sell software you have created online for a profit.
- Create a mobile game: The world of gaming has exploded as more people are playing games online and of course on their phones. Smartphone games are increasingly popular and this creates an avenue for enterprising people to increase their personal income. Mobile games are monetised through what are called in-app purchases. This is when gamers buy products within the app or the game can be charged automatically. You can also charge for advertising if you do not want to charge the gamers. Mobile games can be lucrative but they are brutally competitive.
- Do cleaning for people’s homes: If you have spare time on the weekend, try doing cleaning for residential homes. There is opportunity to make extra cash doing this if you stay focused and find new clients every single week. Cleaning for people’s homes will eventually create word of mouth and you will find new clients every week. You could also team up with a friend to make it even easier to make extra cash and you can share the amount.
- Operate a weekend laundry business: Dirt is a good business to be in. If you can do laundry for companies or hotels, this is another way to earn extra money. Target B&Bs and see if they need your services.
- Start an email newsletter: Email newsletter are known for their high open rates and excellent advertising fees because they target an audience that is passionately interested in the topic that they have signed up for.
- Rent out equipment: Chances are if you are into DIY or photography, you probably have equipment that you can rent out to other people or business. Equipment is expensive to buy and maintain. Many people and companies simply prefer to rent equipment, you can easily do this and earn extra money.
- Find a lodger: If you are looking for more money, finding a lodger is a good way to earn extra cash. Students and single people are the target markets for this. They can pay their rent every week or every month depending on what you want.
- Buy stocks and shares with dividends: It is also important to invest. You can either teach yourself how to do this or you can hire someone to do it for you. If you choose the ones that pay a dividend, these will essentially you pay you while you are working or ‘waiting’. Then when they pay you the dividend, you have already earned money without doing anything.
- License your music: If you are a musician on the side, you can also license your music to content partners where you can get a royalty for your music.
- Create a storage area and charge for the space: Storage rental companies make a killing because they are solving a problem that people have. Everyone needs to have places to store their stuff. If you have plenty of property that you could rent out, charge customers for storage that is available. You will need to have insurance to do this.
- Teach a language: If you speak another language, set up a course where you can teach someone the language that you know.
- Teach people a skill that you know: This is an excellent way to shore up cash especially if you have a skill that is unique such as knitting or embroidery. Charge for these lessons and you will see the money come in
- Sell baked goods: Whether it is cakes, cupcakes or cake bombs, people love baked stuff. If you are a master baker who always bakes, sell your baked goods to people who want them. You will find yourself getting requests to do weddings for example.
- Sell your old DVDs: You probably have old DVDs lying around at home. Sell these to film buffs online who want your old DVDs as part of their collection
- Walk a dog for a busy person: We love our pets but finding the time to get them exercise can be difficult. Offer yourself as a dog walker and you will find people who are willing to pay you for it.
This is just a snapshot of what you can do if you are trying to increase your income on the side. These 25 ideas will help you take control of your finances. Do you have more ideas? Let us know and tell us which one of these ideas you are going to try first.